Followers

Wednesday 21 February 2018

Felt Flower

Good Morning Everyone,
Hope you are all ok, I'm having a few slightly worrying health issues at the moment which are affecting my mojo a bit so I have been looking for a few challenges to take my mind off those and well....challenge myself lol

I made this card for the CAS Mix Up Challenge where you have to use Felt, Cork or Canvas



My card uses Felt, Die-cutting and stamping.


I had loads of problems trying to get a decent photo of this card partly because of the tiny piece of vellum I used behind the flower, it is foiled and the foiling was reflecting so much that laid down was the best position for the card in the end I think.

The vellum is a snippet I found in my bit box which dates back to when I first started card making and bought a kit from Create and Craft which I think was Hunkydory. I die cut it with one of my Ebay stitched squares, my felt flower is cut using a Die'sire die and I have cut 3 flowers and layered them up then added a large cream pearl. It needed something else so I tucked in some little leaf stems that have been on my desk for ages.
Sentiment is from Clearly Besotted set 'A Little Sentimental'

That's all for now,
Hugs Kaz xxx

16 comments:

Marianne said...

Your card turned out so pretty, Karen. Love the soft vellum layer behind your felt flower and your leaves are the perfect finishing touch. Sorry to hear about your health issues. Hope things will be better soon.
Marianne x

Jackie T said...

Hi Karen this is a stunning card it is just so pretty. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Tracy Welham said...

Fantastic card! Creative Blessingsm Tracy x

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

IT looks lovely Kaz! I bet that vellum looks wonderful IRL! It would make a fabulous anniversary card! Have a wonderful day my friend! Love & Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Sarah said...

Oh Karen, sorry to hear that you are having health concerns and wish you better days ahead. Crafting is such great therapy, as you have demonstrated with this gorgeous card. Take care xx

Chris said...

Beautiful CAS card Kaz, the felt flower is gorgeous.
Hope you soon feel better.
Chris
x

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Kaz, a gorgeous flower and such an elegant design,
I hope you get your health issues resolved soon, it must be quite stressful for you.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Wendy L said...

Kaz, I think it looks great, xxc

Jo said...

The trio of felt flowers are wonderful. Such a clever way to frame the flower with your vellum snippet. A fabulous card Karen, hope you're feeling better soon.
Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up! xxx

Megan J said...

Hi Karen, a fantastic CAS card design, it would make a great Christmas card with a poinsettia on it too. Have a wonderful weekend... Megan

Cara said...

Gorgeous card, love how you used the felt. I hope your health problems are nothing serious xx

Inkyfingers said...

What a gorgeous CAS design Kaz and that flower is just beautiful! I'm sorry to hear you are under the weather and hope you feel better soon.
Sending a big hud
Carol x

Loll said...

Pretty layered felt flower Kaz!! Perfect additions with the pearl center and green leaves. The foiling design on the vellum is so beautiful, but I agree, photographing anything shiny is a challenge.

Hope you are feeling better soon. Take care. And thanks for sharing your beautiful card with us at CAS Mix Up!

Jules said...

Oh Kaz .. .. I am so sorry to read that you have some health issues at the moment. I hope they get to the bottom of things for you and things aren't as you might be imagining.

Loving your card. That vellum is gorgeous .. .. I bet it is even more stunning if seen "in the flesh".

Great felt flower too.

Take care.

Love Jules xx

Bonnie said...

Love this felt flower, Kaz! The texture of it and the vellum are amazing! T hanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

Julia Aston said...

A wonderful dark red layered felt bloom on this lovely birthday card Kaz! love the font on the sentiment! thanks for joining us in the CAS Mix Up! Julia xx