Followers

Thursday 19 October 2017

Batch Cards

Hi Everyone,

I have been busy the last couple of days batch Christmas card making as I realised I really needed to get a move on to catch up or I would be sending shop ones this year. I don't usually batch make but I decided this year to come up with 4 or 5 designs that I could replicate easily to send to distant family/friends and neighbours. I thought this will then give me more time for making my 'special' cards without rushing at the last minute and may also mean that I actually get my cards in the post before the Christmas post deadline...well that's the plan anyway ;)

So today I'm sharing the first 2 that I came up with


This one is using a Woodware set 'Winter Trees'
I started by cutting some 3.5" squares of white card which I dusted with Broken China and Peacock Feathers Distress ink using my ink duster brushes. I used a water brush to flick some water drops over the top and mopped up the excess with kitchen towel.
I then stamped the hills and trees (which are all individual so you can make up whatever scene you like) with Versafine Black Onyx. I added a little stardust Stickles to the snow mounds for a bit of sparkle and matted the panel on to navy card.
The sentiment is from another Woodware set. I made 6 of these.


This card I started with some 3" squares of cream hammered card which I matted onto some subtle sheen gold card from Anna Marie designs. I cut the Reindeer from Joanna Sheen out of gold glitter card from Hobbycraft. The sentiment is from the previous 'Winter Trees' set and I stamped in Versamark and heat embossed with super fine gold powder. I also made 6 of these.

I will be back later with the next 2 batch makes.

Bye for now
Hugs Kaz xxx



7 comments:

Chris said...

These are both lovely Kaz, perfect designs for batch making. My favourite is the first one with the trees, the stamps are gorgeous and so is the background.
Chris
x

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

These are beautiful Kaz! They certainly don't look 'batch' made! I confess, I haven't even started on mine yet!! Yikes! Have a lovely day! Love & Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Carole said...

These are super batch making designs Karen and I am sure will be well received.

Janice said...

Two fabulous cards Kaz, I love the design of them both.
Janice x

Sarah said...

These are great designs. I have every intention of doing the same when I get the time and the inspiration!! We shall see!! xx

cotnob said...

Super cards Caz, a lovely scene and beautiful reindeer.
I think I might copy your idea and batch make some Christmas cards, I am all behind again this year!
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Cara said...

Fab cards, good luck with the batch making x